Thursday, June 03, 2010

Why Being A Kid Was More Creepy Back In 1970

For God's sake.

"A luscious licking Lolli ... Fried Clams to eat ..."

WTF?

"Next time you're in Howard Johnson's, get Mom and Dad to pick up a Registration Blank and sign you up."



I would have been seven at this time. I always thought the adult world view was whacked out and creepy. I remember thinking, "Are these people seeing the same world I'm seeing?"

As I've gotten older, I've tended to believe it was me who was mistaken. This commercial might force me to readdress that assessment.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Let me get this straight...

Advertisers advertise to the people they are hoping to sell to.

HoJo, as they refer to themselves here, is advertising to kids.

Kids of the 70's, you!

What a bunch of weird little kids you must've been!

Haha, yeah, that commercial is f*ed up. What kid would get excited about fried clams and pistachio ice cream?

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home