Monday, November 29, 2004

More sad stats from the war...

U.S. Death Toll in Iraq Nears Record

Well this is a sad statistic from our war on terror.

To be honest, I only skimmed the first part of this article.

Why then, am I commenting on it?!

I read, in the first few paragraphs, and since the begining of this War, (I refuse to say conflict, or down-play this War), we are going to lose 133 soldiers this month, which will be our
biggest loss per month since the beginning of the war. I would obviously perfer that we lose zero soldiers in this war, but I am realistic enough to know, that is not realistic.

My point is commenting on our media. They would have us believe (see link above), record deaths have been recorded in this war...

Let me mention here, that one of my very best friends is going back to Iraq. I will call him 'G Escobar', to not mention his name, (and, that name is an inside joke between us). I worry so much about him. As a friend, I want him to stay home, I want him safe. When he was going to Iraq the first time, he had an injury. All I could think about was, "G, this is your way out!" Of course, being so much braver than I, he told me he was going to hide the injury, and go do his duty.

Damn, this is the kind of character we have defending our well-being! I feel VERY confident.


Now to the real sad statistic....We lost 133 soldiers in Iraq in November.

When our great country helped defeat Hitler, (another terrorist that spoke well, and got a lot of people to believe that a group of people should be 'taken out' just like the Hussein's & Bin Laden's of the world believe us 'infidels' should be eliminated), we lost 484,375 people, confirmed dead, and MIA.


In that scary war, we lost 10,764 per month...

Hmmm....10,764 per month on average or worst case, 133 in a month?

I know with some certainty that my freind G has a much better chance of coming home from this war than ever before in history.

I am still very concerned about G, but knowing what a great man he is, I know he will be an amazing leader to all the young men and women he will lead.

As a last note,
G, I want to thank you for being more than just a friend, thank you for keeping all of our loved ones safe and secure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said! I think WAY too often myself and my fellow citizens do not express our appreciation and gratitude for the men and women helping to defend our country against this horrendous threat of terrorism.

To G and all of our soldiers in the armed forces,
I would like to express my sincere thanks for the noble and brave work you are all doing for us here in the US and the world over! You guys are the true heroes in this world!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zyhcg 2000 injectionInfusion is utilized in the treatment of fruitlessness in ladies. It is likewise useful in the treatment of male hypogonadism deferred adolescence, and low sperm count. It works by letting the eggs out of the ovary in ladies and by expanding the testosterone level in men.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home