Saturday, October 29, 2005

This Is Too Good Not To Post

I first read this on CUANAS, then on Malkin.

Apparently, The New York Times printed part of a letter from a soldier that gave his life in Iraq.

The NYTimes printed this...


''I kind of predicted this,'' Corporal Starr wrote of his own death. ''A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances.''

But the letter in it's entirety read like this...

"Obviously if you are reading this then I have died in Iraq. I kind of predicted this, that is why I'm writing this in November. A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances. I don't regret going, everybody dies but few get to do it for something as important as freedom. It may seem confusing why we are in Iraq, it's not to me. I'm here helping these people, so that they can live the way we live. Not have to worry about tyrants or vicious dictators. To do what they want with their lives. To me that is why I died. Others have died for my freedom, now this is my mark."

That is inspiring, and the NYTs is distorting it.

How unfortunate is that?


It is absolutely sad.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home