Sunday, October 09, 2005

This SOUNDS Great...

But is it?

From The Washington Post.


The Senate defied the White House yesterday and voted to set new limits on interrogating detainees in Iraq and elsewhere, underscoring Congress's growing concerns about reports of abuse of suspected terrorists and others in military custody.

One of my very best friends just arrived home from his second tour of Iraq. We have spent considerable time together lately, (he, growing up in Anaheim, and a huge Angel fan, and me the Yankee fan, we have had a great time giving eachother crap about the Angel/Yankee playoff series).

Anyway, after the games we've talked about his latest tour in Iraq.

He was in a situation where he dealt with finding roadside bombers. He did some interrogating under the current restrictions, not the new restrictions.

Do you know what trouble he had under the old restrictions?

He couldn't get people to talk.

Why?

Because they are far more afraid of what the 'insurgents' (read that as 'terrorists') will do to them and their family, than what the U.S. Military will do to them.

Does that concern anyone? It does me.

This week I've heard about 6 people dying in roadside bombings.

If my friend was able to interrogate detainees in the same manner that our enemy interrogate theirs, maybe these bombings would be less frequent.

And now McCain and his cronies want to make it more difficult for our military.

I don't trust John McCain, I never have.

I don't have anything concrete to say against him, but I'm sure he will expose himself soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home