Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fu2rman Has Seen The Light

Ah yes, with the recent interest in the UPS girl, I've found that more people read this site when a Hot Babe is prominently displayed.

So, I've been wanting to post on the immigration issue that is so prevalent in the news, esp. in California.

So here goes.

That's a pretty hot Latina!

(Click on her for the full size)


Are you listening now?

OK.

I have been hearing so many things in the media about this issue.

A few things stood out as I watched the media coverage of the demonstrations...

One, the demonstrations were SO PEACEFUL.

500,000 people showed up to protest bills that would be introduced in Congress, but they were all so PEACEFUL.

Of course they were peaceful!

The majority of demonstrators were here illegally, they couldn't afford to be arrested!

Next, many of them voiced the fact that they just wanted a better life, a good education, and a good job, they had to come to the US for that. And it's not fair that the US was going to tell them that they couldn't have that.

I understand, I get it.

But who pays for that education?

US citizens, that's who.

So is it unfair for you and I, the tax payer, to say we don't want to pay for it?

I don't think so.

I have mentioned before that I work in the Restaurant business.

I've worked for Mom & Pop places, as well as large corporate places.

I've seen Social Security numbers come up bad on illegal employees.

And thanks to the sophistication of fake document makers, we terminate them one day, and they come back 2 days later with a new Social Security Card, Drivers License, and they're back to work.

The system is out of control.

I don't want to sound like I'm unsympathetic, so let me give you a little more background.

I am dating a great girl.

She grew up in Mexico, graduated from college in Mexico, and came here to learn English and to go for the American Dream.

But she did it legally.

It was a pain in the ass, but she did it.

I'm not sitting here talking BS about something I know nothing about.

Many of the words you've just read are from our conversations.

Part of the draw of the US that our friends from the south seek, is that we are a nation of laws.

Believe me, that is something new to them.

Not that the US is without corruption, but Mexico is more corrupt than even I thought.

To further the issues that illegal immigration brings to a society, let's talk schools and health care.

Schools in Los Angeles are a mess.

They are instituting a final exam of sorts.

One that would say if a senior could in fact receive a diploma.

Many say that it is racist, and targets latinos.

Uhh, OK, Why?

Because it asks questions that every young American should know if they are at a high school graduate level?

I think it would be racist and keep latinos in the lower end of the socio-economic scale if we don't get them to that level.

Let's talk emergency rooms.

On spanish language television and radio, they tell poor hispanic families how to get free healthcare in the US.

They say, go to the nearest emergency room, but don't call a cab, that will cost you money, call an ambulance.

The ambulance and the emergency room must take you, even if you can't pay.

And last year Los Angeles started closing ER's because of it.

This is a downward spiral.

And we all know where that goes.

It's time to put a stop to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Fu2rman said...

OK, I have to add one thing...

My whole family loves my new girlfriend, I've already heard the comments from my sister, the new Mom, that I should hurry up and marry this girl so her new kid has a cousin that is about the same age. She added, 'What beautiful children you would have,' because I'm so pale white, we need a little color...

I'm not sure if I should be flattered on my pick of a great woman, or offended because of my white complexion.

Whatever, she must be a racist too.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home