Sunday, November 27, 2005

OMG! Look What's Going On In Iraq!


This is a concern!

Iyad Allawi says,

"These were the precise reasons that we fought Saddam Hussein, and now we are seeing the same things."

Hell yeah it is!

-many hundreds of thousands of people have died

-"victims of torture in Iraq are subjected to a wide range of forms of torture, including the gouging out of eyes, severe beatings and electric shocks... some victims have died as a result and many have been left with permanent physical and psychological damage."

-Allegations of prostitution used to intimidate opponents of the regime, have been used by the regime to
justify the barbaric beheading of women.

-campaign of terror against the Kurds killed at least 50,000 and possibly as many as 100,000 Kurds.

-campaign of terror against the Kurds killed at least 50,000 and possibly as many as 100,000 Kurds.

Executions:
-4,000 prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison
-3,000 prisoners at the Mahjar prison
-2,500 prisoners were executed in a "prison cleansing campaign"
-At least 130 Iraqi women were beheaded

That is awful! We must do something about this!

Thank you Iyad Allawi for bringing this to our attention.

The former Iraqi prime minister, Iyad Allawi, has called for immediate action against human rights abuses.

Oh, but wait, those were the things that happened under
Saddam's regime.

And, by the way, I didn't post the whole list, you can see Saddam's atrocities here.

None of those things are happening today, the fact that the press is giving so much attention to Allawi's comments, without giving the whole story, concerns me.

See, even when the news only reports the comments made by Allawi, the IQ of the nation will not get the whole picture.

By that I mean, most people only get the talking points, because that is all they ar
e given.

We as a nation don't take the time to educate ourselves.

Not anymore.

Before I move on, let me just give you another important talking point.


Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has dismissed as "nonsense" the charge that the country's rights abuses are as bad as they were in Saddam Hussein's era.

Mr Talabani told the BBC modern abuses cannot be compared to the concentration camps and mass graves of Saddam's time.


There you go!

Concentration Camps, Mass Graves...Need I say more? I will just in case.

If you go and read up on the whole story, you'll see Allawi is pissed because he didn't win in the last election, etc. etc.

I guess he will found The Democrat Party of Iraq, or become a US Senator, as he is sounding like John Kerry already!

But I digress, my point is this, the political dialogue that takes place in the United States is very sad.

Next time you are at work, at school, or during the course of your day, ask someone what they think about what Allawi said about the atrocities in Iraq.

I bet 9 out of 10 (or 99 out of 100) of them won't even know what you are talking about.

And these are voters, people!

We should really be given a test before being allowed access to the voting booth.

Not one person should be allowed a voice, if it is of ignorance.

I don't expect voters to be totally involved and politically literate people, but it should be unacceptable that uninformed people be allowed to vote, period.

That is not democracy.

Unless democracy is defined as the lunatics running the asylum.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Thanks Pastorius,

After that, if I could be anyone in the world, I'd be The Fu2rman!

7:21 PM  
Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Oh, actually, I AM!

Thanks again.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Pastorius said...

By the way, because of the problem I had been having with your blog seizing up my computer, I didn't read this whole post. I had read down to the part about Allawi being pissed about losing the election, and how his sour grapes reminded you of Kerry and the Dems. I agreed with all of your post up to there.

However, while I agree with the spirit of your criticism of the ignorance of many voters, I don't agree with the notion of giving citizens a test before they have the right to vote. I believe that's unconstitutional.

Democracy is of the people, by the people and for the people. Unfortunately, no matter where you go in the world, the people are in large part, ignorant, and caught up in the bias of their culture. However, Democracy helps bring people out of that ignorance and bias by engaging them in a process (governing themselves) which is important to their lives.

Of course, it is a weakness of Democracy that ignorant people will vote, and they will sacrifice wisdom for expedience, and as Rush Limbaugh has noted, many times they will simply vote to give themselves "free money."

I'm going to sound like a Liberal here, but, I have to say it. I think the solution is education and communication. I think conservatives just have to do a better job of communicating their message.

But, on the other hand, I must say, I wish ignorant people would just stay home and watch their stupid TV shows, and forget to vote. It is better for America when uninformed people don't vote.

3:48 AM  
Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Pastorius,

I was being somewhat facetious, as I know there is no way that we could ever give a test to vote. The ACLU, and the Left in general would have a field day with that. "That would be discrimination against the uneducated and ignorant".

Duh, that is my point, of course it is discrimination against the ignorant!

However, our forefathers never indended that EVERYONE should vote.

The intention was that white male property owners over 21 only be allowed to vote.

It wasn't until 1843 that all white males over 21 were allowed to vote.

And 1870 when all males over 21, and 1920 when women were included.

Now, don't get me wrong, I believe these were all positive changes for our country, everyone SHOULD be involved in the political process.

But the key word is INVOLVED, if you don't even know what you are voting for, stay home and watch Survivor or whatever other crap is on TV like Pastorius suggested.

Here in California, I have the best example ever.

Prop 73 passed easily.

What was Prop 73? It would allow a girl of any age the right to an abortion without parental consent. A majority of California voters think a 13 year old girl should be able to get an aboprtion without her parents even being notified.

You have to be 18 to get a tattoo, but an abortion is no problem?

If the same kid vandalizes a neighbors house, the parents can be held responsible, but if she wants an abortion, the parents don't even get to know about it?

What were these voters thinking?

That's the point, they are ignorant of the facts, and should have stayed home to watch their programs.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Pastorius said...

I figured you were joking, but there was no clear indication of it.

As to your points, I really don't know what to say. You're right. When stupid people vote, they often vote for very bad things.

I don't know how to remedy that.

How could we fix the problem?

For one thing, I would be for the idea that only people who can speak English can vote. I'm definately for that. A person ought to have to be able to speak English, to become a citizen.

By the way, I think that if people have sloped heads, they should not be allowed to vote. Oops, I didn't indicate whether or not I was joking.

4:29 PM  
Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Well now, wait a minute, I said I was being somewhat facetious.

I was not totally joking.

I would love for every citizen to be able to partake in the political process, but when they choose to toss their vote in the hat without any knowledge of the issues is a big concern.

Why should we have the motor voter thing, just because you can drive badly, you should be able to decide the direction of the country?

Maybe we should be required to re-register anytime we want to vote.

I know, that won't ever happen either, as Jello Biafra and The Dead Kennedy's said, Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death...

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home