Wednesday, November 30, 2005

This Is The Face Of The Grinch

I finally received a response from Sen. Barbara Boxer.

I was so excited to open the email, like a kid at Christmas.

If you recall, this was my post on Nov. 10th.

Dear Mrs. Boxer, All I Want For Christmas Is Lower Gas Tax

And then I got coal in my stocking.

My email to her read as follows.


Mrs. Boxer,

I know you are a very busy, so I will make this extremely brief.

Given that about 20% of the cost of gas consists of taxes, wouldn't the Government be able to quickly ease our pain on these high Gas prices?

When will you fight for Us to pay less Gas Tax?

That would sure make life more affordable for me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

The Fu2rman

And here is Senator Boxers response.

Thank you for contacting me about California 's high gasoline prices. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your comments.
I have consistently worked to protect the rights of California 's gasoline consumers. I co-sponsored an amendment that calls on the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to conduct an investigation to determine whether the price of gasoline is being artificially manipulated. This amendment was attached to the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (H.R.6), which the President signed into law on August 8, 2005. I also introduced S.1146, which would require the FTC to investigate any rapid rise in gasoline prices.
In addition, I am co-sponsoring S.847, which seeks to lower gasoline prices by encouraging President Bush to direct the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to increase oil production. S.847 would also allow oil to be temporarily released from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR).
On August 31, 2005, in the wake of the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina, President Bush heeded my repeated calls to utilize the SPR. The Administration agreed to temporarily release oil reserves, providing consumers and the economy with some relief from skyrocketing oil and gasoline prices during this critical time. In addition, I have written to the Federal Trade Commission chairman urging the FTC to remain vigilant in monitoring the oil industry for price gouging following Hurricane Katrina.
Thank you again for taking the time to contact me about this important issue. Please be assured I will continue to monitor the situation very closely, and I will do all that I can to ensure that California drivers enjoy reasonable gasoline prices.
Barbara Boxer United States Senator

Did you read anything about the high gasoline tax?

I didn't!


She didn't even attempt to answer the question, instead she spewed some garbage about watching the oil companies.

That was my whole concern!


Why are we looking at the oil companies when 20% of the cost of gasoline is going directly to the government!

What kind of racket is that!

Many successful businesses don't have a 20% net profit, the oil companies among them, but the government does nothing but take our money right off the top of the oil companies sales.

I don't know if Pimps or the various Mafia's ever read The Fu2rman and Friends, but if you are, take note.

You could learn a thing or two from Barbara Boxer!

Update: Upon receiving the response from Sen. Boxer, I tried to send a reply, but I got an Out of Office reply, with this message.

Dear Friend:

Thank you for your e-mail message and for your interest in public policy.

In order to better serve the 35 million residents of California, I am now using an e-mail system located on my Senate website. This system enables me to provide more and better responses to you and other constituents while saving taxpayer dollars. (Unfortunately, limited resources do not allow me to respond to e-mails generated by third-party organizations.)

If you would like a reply to your message, I encourage you to visit my website e-mail system at http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/webform.cfm Simply fill in the fields, type in your message, and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you will keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

OK, I'll play along, I sent my question yet again.

It only took 20 days for Boxer to NOT answer my last question, let's see about this time.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Oh, yeah, and she looks like the Grinch!

But you are wrong, she knows EXACTLY how to govern...

...as she keeps WINNING in California.

Unfortunately, she has no clue how to LEAD.

And will never DO what needs to be done.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home