Friday, January 06, 2006

Insanity? Senility? Probably


Pat Robertson put his foot in his mouth, again...

Robertson: God punished Sharon

Conservative Christian evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson on Thursday linked Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke to God's “Enmity against those ‘who divide my land.’”

“He was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America," Robertson said on his television program, “The 700 Club," Broadcast from his Christian Broadcasting Network in Virginia Beach. “God says 'this land belongs to me. You better leave it alone.’”

We would expect such a response from Iranian Psycho, I mean President Ahmadinejad.

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was quoted Thursday as saying he was hoping for the death of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.

“Hopefully the news that the criminal of Sabra and Shatila has joined his ancestors is final,"

But from Pat '700 Club' Robertson!?

I guess it shouldn't be too big of a surprise, he made an ass out of himself in August as well.

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's The 700 Club.

I may be way off here, but I don't think a Christian broadcast is exactly the right forum to call for the assassination of a countries dictator, however bad he may be.

I'm sure Ol' Pat has done some great things for humanity, but maybe it's time for him to hang it up, and never speak to the public again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home