Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do You Want Equality or Not?

Do women really want equality or just the appearance of equality?

The Tony Kornheiser Hannah Storm story is a good place to look at that question.   

The basics are this.

Kornheiser made a comment about fellow ESPN TV personality Hannah Storm's clothes, and now he is suspended for two weeks.

His comments on this outfit went like this...

Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now." [She's 47.] "She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."


I'm sorry, but that's hilarious AND 100% APPROPRIATE.

To begin with, that outfit is begging to be made fun of.  If it was a 25 year old hottie in the outfit, we may be hearing how the GIRL was suspended because she wasn't portraying ESPN in a professional manner.  But stuff a 47 year old broad into it, and god-forbid, she get's crap for it, suspensions will soon follow! 

Which of these two women deserve taken off the air and sent to the showers?  

Trick question, I know.  But couldn't you just see it?  Old broads would be all over a young hottie for dressing like Storm does on a regular basis.

That's not the only thing that bothers me about this.  

Sports is a man's world, like it or not.  We are the customer, the consumer of sports.  If women want to be a part of it, they should live by our rules.  Not us by theirs.  This is what men do, they rip on each other, that's how they show they respect each other.  If I didn't respect some dude and thought he was a pussy, I wouldn't rip on him.  He is a pussy and not worth my time and would probably cry like a little girl.  See how that works?  Dengler and I call each other all kinds of names...because...we have respect for one another.  If Storm can't take it, and ESPN has step in and slap Kornheiser's hand for being a mean, mean man, she should send her resume to the Food Network.  Sports is no place for a thin-skinned person, male or female.

To be fair, Storm declined to comment on the issue.

Which actually brings up another issue for me.  She has been in the sports world long enough to know all of what I just said.  She really should have come to Kornheiser's defense.  That would have won her my respect.  As of now, I think very little of her.  She is just another silly chick that said she wanted to be treated equally in The Man's World, and when she actually was, she cried because Bad Men hurt her feelings.

This makes women look weak.

I've had about enough of watching men compromise and compromise and compromise again to accommodate women.  It has been decades since a man was a Man.  I hear single women, (and some married women, as well), complain that there are no Men anymore.  How can I can't argue with that?  Women have pussified our men, our children and now they're after our sports?  

I don't think so.   

Come on Hannah Storm, (and all females in Sports and other traditionally Male fields), Man-up, dry your tears and either say Thank You for treating you equally, or admit that you don't want equality, you just want the benefits without the responsibility.  You want to make the same money, but reserve the right to leave for months at a time to have children.  You want to be able to unbutton just one more button exposing more cleavage to close a deal, but I better not comment on it, or I'm suspended.  

You've changed the way we talk at work to fit your needs, you flooded the work force with labor so you lowered wages to the point that families need two incomes to make ends meet, and still, you continue to ask Men to accommodate you in the workplace.

I've had it with that!

Since I started working at age 16, I have accommodated women at work.  Not every women I've worked with, some truly did want equality.  But I can't think of even one time a woman changed her behavior to accommodate me or my fellow Men.  Or more importantly, was forced to change her behavior.

Rise up Men and Real Women!  Say Yes to TRUE EQUALITY...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

FutrMan,

I know you and Pastorious worry about "pussyfication." So I am eager to hear what you thought of Tiger's apology. They really made him crawl on the carpet and recant for his love of threesomes!

Hey. You know I am a moralist. I think what he did was a failing as a father and a role model. But for him to get up there and say it was some sort of disease, to denounce his very urges as pathological. That was a sad confirmation of the saying "Marriage is the fulfillment of the woman and the death of the man."

CJ

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home