Monday, February 08, 2010

Super Bowl Report: Beer Is Good For Your Bone


The freaking Super Bowl rocked last night, didn't it?

And, I'm not talking about that turkey-necked old dude and his pedophile friend who relived their youths during halftime. I'm not talking about Carrie Under(my)Wood. And, I'm not talking about the stupid fucking commercials. The only people who get worked up about the commercials are chicks, queers, and the guy who made the commercials mom.

I'm talking about the game. The game is what it's all about. And the Saints pounded Peyton Mannings pussy into ploughshares.

That fucking interception and 78-yard TD run. Yeah, baby, it's all over.

Peyton tried to rush through a TD drive only to be repeatedly dickslapped at the 3 yard line. Like a 16 year old Romeo drenched in flop sweat, he was "going for it", cuz of course, what does he have to lose?

Boo-yah. Turned down again.

The legend of Peyton the Annointed , Archie's boy, goes down flaming.

Meanwhile, Drew breezed through the game, connecting with a record 32 completions ... in freaking 39 attempts. 2 TD's, no interceptions.

Anyway, as awesome as the Super Bowl was, I don't remember half of it. We started in on the first Keg at about noon. By kickoff, our home sweet home looked like Animal House. We were singing and dancing along with "Shout" by Otis Day and the Nights, and I remember something about a pillow fight, but then everything went blank, and I found myself sitting on the couch cheering the Saints first field goal.

Colts 10, Saints 3?

How the fuck did that happen?

I friggin' love beer. The more you drink, the more surprising life is.

Anyway, this morning, I feel like shit. Thank God it's Lincoln's Birthday. Yet another reason to party. Lincoln, the Gettysburg Address, four score and 7 brewskis ago ...

But, if you're one of those guys who is going to suffer that hangover and go to work today, you might find some solace in this:

If you downed one too many while watching the Super Bowl, here's at least one reason to hold your head high: Drinking beer can be good for your health.

But seriously, a new analysis of 100 commercial beers shows the hoppy beverage is a significant source of dietary silicon, a key ingredient for bone health.

Though past research has suggested beer is chockfull of silicon, little was known about how silicon levels varied with the type of beer and malting process used. So a pair of researchers took one for the team and ran chemical analyses on beer's raw ingredients. They also picked up 100 commercial beers from the grocery store and measured the silicon content.

The silicon content of the beers ranged from 6.4 mg/L to 56.5 mg/L, with an average of 30 mg/L. Two beers are the equivalent of just under a half liter, so a person could get 30 mg of the nutrient from two beers.

You see that, silicon is a key ingredient for BONE health.

Who knew the same ingredient used to make tits look so bounteous and beautiful could also densify the Dengler?

I do know this, whenever I put down a few tall ones, the Missus is in for a real sword-swallowing good time.

Anyway, have a great day. I'm off to party with Abe.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Great post Dengler!

I can't tell you how thankful I am to read that beer is good for you. It's Tuesday night, and I've finally recovered from Superbowl Sunday. But

I did it for the health of my bone!

Wait, I mean bones...

9:43 PM  
Blogger Peter Dengler said...

Just telling it exactly the way it was.

;-)

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home