Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What's Palin Going To Say Now?

'Family Guy' Mocks Sarah Palin's Son Trig For Having Down Syndrome

After making headlines for calling out Rahm Emanuel for his use of the word "retard," Sarah Palin may have a new target: "Family Guy." The show, which has a history of crossing the line at every opportunity, took a shot at Palin last night, mocking her son with Down syndrome.
In the episode, a main character, Chris, dates a mentally disabled girl. While never mentioning Palin by name, the girl drew a clear comparison to her son, Trig, when she told Chris, "My dad's an accountant, and my mom's the former governor of Alaska."
Palin has yet to comment on the personal jab, but given her asking for Emanuel's firing, it's likely she'll have some words for Seth MacFarlane and the irreverent cartoon.



Yeah, not offensive. It turns out that the down-syndrome girl Chris dates is a controlling, abusive pain in the ass. Chris ends up saying something along the lines of...I heard people with down syndrome were different but it turns out you are a fucked up asshole, just like everyone else, (not the exact quote, but close). How can anyone argue that this is offensive? Isn't that what all the PC people want? Equality and everyone treated exactly the same?

It's important to note that this story is all about baiting Palin into commenting and exposing her to the appearance of over reacting. I hope she is at least savvy enough to recognize that. However, if Palin does have anything to say about this, I just don't care anymore

I'm about done with Palin. I've tried and tried to like her, but I can't. It's not even that I don't like her, I do. I just don't like her as even a remotely possible President of the US. She is not the savior of the United States or even the Republican Party, and it's a mistake to think she is either.

Calling out Rahm Emanuel was dumb in my opinion. That was something he said last August, get over it. This was clearly her playing into the 'victim' role the media has handed her on a silver platter and making it a political issue. Emanual is a douchebag, but now Palin, you are too for making his statement all about you and your kid. It's sad you have a retarded son, but he's just like everyone else, right?

I'm sorry, I'm so tired of all the PC bullshit. In Emanual's position, he should choose his words more carefully than the rest of us, but his apology for the comment was perfectly appropriate, end of story. Calling for his firing was way over the top. Likewise, I don't want to hear liberals angry over criticism of Obama because he's black. He is nothing more than Jimmy Carter part 2, white, black or otherwise. I also don't want to hear anyone complain that I don't like Palin because she's a woman.

Let's be truthful, if a man said some of the things she has said, he would be long gone from the public spot light. If I hear her say that every issue is 'common sense' one more time, I'm going to break something. Sorry Palin, there are some very complex issues facing our nation, and I don't think you are equipped to fix them, man, woman or otherwise.

And to put an exclamation point on it for me is this...

Seriously? Write it on a note card. Even a 1st grader giving an oral report could figure that out!

Palin is still great to look at, but she should have finished her term as Governor of Alaska, run for US Senate where she would pick up some much needed national experience, then and only then consider a run for the Presidency. As of now, there is no way I would vote for Palin for President. Some air time on Fox News and a Tea Party speech is just not going to cut it for me.

I remember the day I heard McCain picked her as a running mate. I was very disappointed, but I sold myself on her. I even tried to sell others on her, but I'm officially off the Sarah Palin train.

There are some great things about her being such a polarizing figure.

I love that she pisses off the kook Left and she gets the kook Right to show themselves as, well, kooks. But the best part is the photoshopped pictures of what she might look like under that buttoned up suit...Or as my Hooter-Girl Fantasy, or my Teacher Fantasy or my Gun-Toting-Bikini-Girl Fantasy...




Now let the hate mail roll in...

Dengler cutting in -

Hey Fu2rman, Palin's family is talking:

Palin's Respond to Family Guy Episode Mocking Trig's Down Syndrome: Sarah Says, "Like Another Kick in the Gut," Bristol Vents, "They're Heartless Jerks For Making Fun of My Brother"...


.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Dengler said...

Not only is Palin's son a retard, he's also a moron:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moron

and possibly even an imbecile:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moron

And, I think most of us would agree that he is, at least, half of the following:

asinine, backward, deranged, dim-witted, dull, fatuous, feeble-minded, idiotic, imbecilic, inane, ludicrous, moronic, simple, simple-minded, slow, thick, witless

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/imbecile

In fact, while I also like Sarah Palin, I would have to say she is probably three of four of those things herself, at times.

Let's see, is Sarah Palin dim-witted sometimes?

Yes.

Is she inane sometimes?

Yes.

Is she sometimes fatuous?

Indeed.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home