Sunday, February 28, 2010

Seriously? Ahh, Why Not...

Curling delivers growing number of fans, players in Southern California

My goodness, could it be?  Curling, the joke sport of the Olympics is growing in popularity in SoCal?

While you won't see me doing any curling, it makes a lot of sense.


Check out the Gold Medal winning Canadian team.  I'm not saying these guys aren't athletes, I guess they are, but look at the dude on the left.

He looks like the drunk guy at the bar that you generally try to avoid.  

And this is why it makes sense that curling is becoming popular, even here in SoCal.  


This is a sport that anyone can do while drinking beer to shake off a hangover.  It's like bowling on ice, without the noise.  If you can bowl, walk on ice with slip-resistant shoes and use a broom, you can curl.  Actually, you don't even have to be a good bowler, that takes a little strength, pushing a rock on ice does not.


Here's a prediction for you, I am The Fu2rman and all...

Some celebrity, begging for publicity, is going to join a curling league to show just how hip and cool s/he is.  I don't know who, any ideas?


It's important to note, this is a sport that women can finally be better than men.  They clearly have an advantage, there is sweeping involved...

3 Comments:

Blogger Pastorius said...

Now, if only they could work wiping, nagging, and penmanship into this sport, it'd beat out figure skating.

;-)

Hell, it might beat out American Idol.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Peter Dengler said...

Really, I think they ought to add a blow job competition to the Olympics.

9:29 PM  
Blogger The Fu2rman said...

And who judges the blow-job events?

I'd like to submit my application now!

I bet Bill Clinton would make a good judge as well.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home